The Instagram Component is currently only available on Default Template pages. To utilize the Instagram component simply follows the steps below:
- In your Red site's WordPress dashboard, click on the left menu link labeled "Instagram Feed." It will be near the bottom.
- Your browser will load a settings page called "Instagram Feed." Click on the blue button that says "Instagram | Log in and get my Access Token and User ID."
- Log into your Instagram account.
- If you aren't automatically redirected back to your site dashboard, you may have to manually copy your Access Token and User ID and paste them into the "Instagram Feed" settings page.
- Click the blue "Save" button.
- Open the page upon which the Instagram Feed should appear. Make sure "Default Template" is selected under "Page Attributes" on the right.
- Under content, add the component "Instagram" and click the blue "Update" button on the right to save. Please note that a title is required for web accessibility purposes. As with other Red components, the title can be hidden from view of sighted users if necessary.
- If your Access Token and User ID were properly entered on the settings page, the Instagram feed should appear on the front-end of the page. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about the use of this component.
Titles are required in most components to comply with the rule that headings H1-H6 must be used before a section of content to describe its context. You may select the “Hide Title” option if you don’t want it displayed, however, a site visitor using a screen reader will hear those titles. This means they should be descriptive and unique. If you only enter “Title” for example, the user will hear “title, title, title,” etc. as they tab through your content blocks. They will have no context to know if that is information they should read.