Latest Updates to RED 11/27/18
A list of the new features available within the RED platform Heading link
The RED Team has been busy responding to requests for increased functionality, and we are continuing to update the features of the RED Theme. Below you will find a list of the latest available features within RED:
- Pagination for News, Events, and Directory template pages: You now have the ability to select, in increments of 10 (up to 100), the number of posts that appear per page on the listing pages for News, Events, Profiles. Just be wary, the higher the number of pagination (number of results per page) you set, the longer it will take for the page to load for your visitors. More information can be found in our Specialty Pages section.
- New Taxonomy for Profile Posts: You can now assign a new taxonomy, called “Practice Areas,” to your profile posts. This will prevent any interference between the Profile Post and Research Project post taxonomy of “Research Areas.” For more information on Profile Posts, feel free to head over to our Custom Post Types section.
- GDPR Compliance: The GDPR Cookie Banner has been made global across all RED sites. This is automatic and does not require admins to request implementation. Head on over to UIC Web Strategy and Standards for more information.
- Oasis Workflow Pro and Groups: The Oasis Workflow Pro plug-in (and the add-on Groups) is available on a site-by-site basis. If you are interested in adding Oasis Workflow Pro (or Groups) to your site, please contact the RED Team through the RED contact webform. For more information about Oasis Workflow Pro and what it can do for you, check out their developer site.
- Nested Pages Plugin: The Nested Pages plugin is now available on a site-by-site basis. The Nested Pages plugin allows admins to create and edit a Tree view of all pages. For more information on the Nested Pages plugin head over to their developer site. If you want to activate the Nested Pages plugin, feel free to reach out to the RED Team via the online contact webform.
Our goal is to continue to build a better platform for all users within the UIC RED multi-site. Stay tuned for more updates. Happy Editing!